If you read about humidifiers on our other page then you should have noticed that we mentioned it is extremely important to keep your humidifier clean. Now we will teach you how you can do so ????
Humidifiers are really affordable and a great solution if you feel the air gets dry in your household in the winter. If you’re like me and are allergic to dust, then it is a need. Cleanliness is key otherwise your humidifier will breed mold and bacteria. Thus, it is recommended to clean the water tank and base at least once a week. For further clarification and to check whether or not your specific humidifier requires any special care, check its manual.
General Steps to Cleaning Your Humidifier:
- Remove the water tank and empty it if need be.
- Remove and rinse the filter with cold water and then let it air-dry.
- Fill the tank halfway with lukewarm water and add 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Close the tank and shake for about 30 seconds. Let it sit for at least half an hour.
- Fill the reservoir on the base with half lukewarm water and half vinegar. Let it sit for at least half an hour.
- After 30 minutes, rinse out the tank with clean water.
- After 30 minutes, use a soft-bristle brush or even a toothbrush to scrub the base and then rinse it clean.
- Dry everything and put it back together.
The above are general steps for weekly cleaning but every now and then you should repeat the process with bleach in order to disinfect. Since we live in a world with the coronavirus (COVID) this would be a very important step.
…If you’re looking for reliable and trusted HVAC EXPERTS then you’ve come to the right place!